Monday, February 21, 2011

Lunch

I have finally been able to post some pictures on the blog. They are all a bit random and kind of dumped on but at least it's a start. Hopefully from now on I can add pics to all my posts.... if I have any to add, that is. At any rate ther are now some visuals to go with the words.

Snow was still falling this morning but little came of it. The sky never cleared and all is gray and wet. Smoke stacks are working hard and the higher hills still show winters cold touch of white.
I have managed to eat the amount of food that is good for me today. I think she has given in. Or at least for the time being. After a brief foray in the studio I headed home for a quick workout and lunch. As I waited for the soup to heat I snacked on salami and bread while my hosts brought in the wheel barrel full of dried corn. They used what looks like a bike pedal to rake the kernels of the cob. The kernels are feed for their live stock and the cobs fed the fire. A different lunch environment than I'm used to. And I wonder if that fed is going to fed me at some point.....?
Lunch was a warm bowl of vegetable and chicken soup. Or as I like to call it "rooster" soup. A sly smile snaked across my face as I spooned it down thinking of that little cock out int he yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment