Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lines

The day has come where I can start taking the graphite lines off the wall and redrawing them with steel in space. I spent thebetter part of the day working in the studio. Students would wander in and out while they were on break or in between classes(apparently they were very anxious to come see the progress that I was making in the studio.... as am I).

Once I closed up shop I wandered back home at a slow pace. I tread over a cobble stone street and meandered down the main road that traces the course of the river. The sun was setting behind a low bank of clouds on the horizon. Kids rode by on their bikes as people met on the street to talk of the day.

Pietroasa is a curious little town. Stuccoed homes with tiled roofs line the road along the river. What used to be a promenade lay in ruin almost in the waters of the river's edge. Trash management is not a strong suit here but the place is charming. The large fortress like doors of the homes will open and you never know what it is you'll see; a manicured lawn and garden, or remnants of a farming life, that is perhaps still thriving. Doors open to horse drawn wagons or sporty German engineered cars. They drive down the same roads as the tractors hauling wood or corn stalks and the same road the Shepard harries his flock of sheep.

(I'll have photos soon when I work out some computer issues)

No comments:

Post a Comment